Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Village Squire Entertaining The New Minister - Edward Lamson Henry


The turkey is slow roasting, the smell spreading through the house.  Everyone is still snug in bed, savoring the chance to sleep in.

I have been thinking about the Pilgrims, who risked everything to come to a new world in order to have the freedom to worship the Lord differently than the way the official church was worshiping. I wonder if I would have that kind of courage.

We will be feasting today, and giving thanks for the abundant blessings we have been given,

Salvation 
God's Word
Freedom
Family
Our home
Two vehicles
3 horses
2 dogs
1 cat
Clothes
Comfy beds
Warm blankets
Shoes - more than one pair
Food
Friends

The list of course could go on and on...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your lovely family! I'm using your method of roasting my turkey -- and it is turning out beautifully! Thanks so much for posting it last year. I used it then and again this year!! Mmmmm good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and your family a most blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. A wonderful thankful list.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to my brother and sil's house, so I don't have the smell of turkey roasting in my house today. I'm looking forward to it though. Have a wonderful day with your family!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! You are such a lovely person and I am blessed to have met you!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. And how that list goes on and on!
    Hope your day was full of joy and blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Good Friday