Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Forgot To Post My Slow Roast Method


Sorry!  Since several of you asked here is the link to my "Perfect Every Time" slow roasting method.  This is our turkey after roasting for about 15 hours - Tim, the carver of our turkeys said "It's not so much carved turkey as it is 'pulled' turkey."  The meat falls off the bones.  You also are left with a pan full of drippings, I made 3 quarts of gravy from it, only adding the liquid from boiling the giblets.  This is so easy and truly delicious.  To prep the turkey, I simply rinse out the cavity and let it drain, then I salt the cavity, take a stick of butter to rub the skin, leaving the excess butter in the bottom of the pan.  That's it.

Busy, busy making our home cozy for winter and for Christmas!  Love this time of year!  Today is windy and cold, so it really feels like the season.  

Check back on Monday for a Cyber Monday post about our shoppes' website and a BIG giveaway to celebrate it's opening!  Don't forget to check back for all the details!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link...must print those directions off. Since we did a chicken, I didn't use this recipe, though I will the next time I bake a turkey...probably at Christmas or in January. It was wonderful last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I'm so tired of turkey I'll be glad to not see it again until next year!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...