Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sunrise


 "...because of the tender mercy of our God, whereby the sunrise shall visit us from on high,
 
to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet unto the way of peace."  Luke 1:78-79

I am always in awe of the descriptive language God uses to communicate His love and care for us. 

If you aren't already convinced about the days flying by, this Sunday is the first week of Advent, and while the outside of me is very busy, the inside of me, is slowing, pondering, reflecting on His coming...

Tomorrow I'll post my "Perfect Every Time" slow roasting method for turkey.  I've been cooking my turkeys like this for 15+ years now - never, ever had a yucky tasting turkey yet.
  

4 comments:

  1. I love what you said about the days flying by in busyness while your heart is slowly pondering. Makes me think of Elisabeth Elliot's Keep a Quiet Heart. That is the key, isn't it? Keeping our hearts quiet before Him. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Gorgeous* pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures and what beautiful words taken from God's Word! And I am definitely planning on roasting my turkey with your method again this year. Besides making my turkey turn out fabulous, using your turkey recipe always causes me to think of you during this holiday!! Happy Thanksgiving Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sunrise was the day after I took the picture of our gorgeous sunrise.

    I love beautiful sunrises and sunsets, they speak to me of God's grace!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...