Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A Life Of Growth


My parents are nothing like they were when they got married.  Neither are Tim and I.  As we have walked with the Lord, we have been changed.  We've matured, become more compassionate, learned to serve others better, realize that its about HIM not us.



Photo from their anniversary dinner last night.



I'm not the same mother I was when I had my first child 27 years ago.  I'm very grateful for that!  I always wanted to be a mother and I love being one, but I didn't know about grace the way I do now.  I am passionate in my mothering.  My goal is to disciple my children and to support them in becoming who God intends for them to be!

Taken last night.  Out to dinner to celebrate my parents anniversary.

I love seeing growth in my kids, too.  To see them thrive in their work and relationships and to know they are on a life long journey as well.

Sometimes the growing process is slow and painful, but if we trust Him, it yields beautiful things in our lives.

I'm thankful for the Lord's love and mercy that does not leave us where we are, but grows us to become more like him.



5 comments:

  1. Great photos of your parents and of you and Tim.

    Yes, God's grace is something for which I am truly thankful. His grace is truly amazing (As John Newton so beautifully wrote). That he teaches us and changes us and allows us the privilege of raising up children for Him is mind-boggling. Truly, if I was God, I would probably have tossed me aside long ago.

    Have a great day.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words about maturing in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thoughts here today, Deanna! I, too, am thankful for growth and for His grace. I am glad that He does not leave us where He finds us, but helps us to grow toward Himself.

    Love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to your parents, and "Yes" to your observations about growth and/in grace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post! My son always says, "I'm not all I can be, but thank God I'm not what I used to be." We're all works in progress until we arrive in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...