I used to sew a lot, curtains, pillowcases, skirts and dresses, but I don't do much sewing lately.
Saturday, I was home all day, and did some tidying and also decided to bite the bullet and get some pillow covers made. I'd decided that the pillow covers that I had made years ago had seen better days and it was time for them to go!
I have a fabric stash, and sometimes I wonder why I hold on to so much of it, because when I go to make something I never like what I already have. However, I did remember that I had some curtains a friend had given me. They had hung in her daughters room, and even though they were faded in places, she gave them to me when they moved, because I love the Waverly pattern so much. I've used them as shower curtains in my bathroom, but otherwise they've sat in my stash.
Well, not any more!
The color looks different because of the poor lighting in my living room this morning, but they are the same.
I simply measured the pillows, cut the fabric about an half an inch wider than the pillow (I wanted the pillows to be fluffy), did straight line sewing of seams, and stitched the cover closed around the pillows. I made two sets, two different sizes.
I like them, and my kids have mentioned how much they like them, too. It feels great to have cute pillows in the living room, and to have been able to recycle this fabric! That's a win in my book!