Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Be Thou My Vision





 Be Thou My Vision is a very old Irish poem has been sung to the tune "slane" since 1919.  I first heard it when I was 12 years old, and it became a life long favorite.



Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tow’r:
Raise Thou me heav’nward, O Pow’r of my pow’r.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heav’n’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,



There are some lovely renditions of this hymn on youtube.  The ones in Irish gaelic are particularly nice.


I'm off to breakfast with Tim this morning, he has only a later inspection today, and Sarah does not work today.  We have a friend who stayed overnight.  In fact Daniel is the younger brother of the sweet mama we've been praying for, along with her newborn daughter.  The wonderful news is that baby is doing great and coming home today!  Thank you all for praying to our High King in Heaven!

School will be done today, meals made, rooms vacuumed, and relationships grown.  I'm so grateful to be able to be home daily with my people, and to continue to walk side by side with them.  The days are long but the years are short, and since Kyle will be 18  in four years, I'm feeling the rush of the years flying by!

Have a lovely Tuesday friends!

5 comments:

  1. Hubby and I both love that old hymn and I always made sure we sang it at least once a month when I led the music in our last church. We especially like Robin Mark's version of the song. If you are familiar with his music then you know he hails from Belfast, Ireland. He comes here to the Island once a year and he loves it here. Says it reminds him of home.
    I'm happy to hear the little baby is doing well and going home today! Praise to the High King of Heaven!

    Blessings to you,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope breakfast was especially delicious and wonderfully companionable. Sounds like a wonderful day all around. Praise God for the turnaround in that precious new family’s world. I think the little one just wanted to be at the party!
    🌸🀱🏻🌸

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just sang that song this past Sunday night, even after a young lady played her flute to that tune, so it's been on my mind already also! We even had an "old fashioned hymn sing". We weren't sure if it would get cancelled because of the weather or not, but we were safe in traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful poem song. I think it will stay with me a lso

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my favourite hymn. So glad the baby is doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...