Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Praising God!


Friends, 

Thank you for your prayers for my friend!  She had her surgery yesterday, and it went great!

They were able to replace her heart valve with no problems, and she didn't not need to have any life support!  I can't wait to see her this afternoon.

Rachel and I were able to go sit with her family while the surgery was underway.  We arrived with some coffee and some Dunkin Donuts Munchkins.  It was cheering to an unknown situation!  We are thankful to be able to walk alongside them through life.

We know that God could have chosen a different outcome for Jen, but we are grateful for His mercy.

My friend was at peace about it all, and I told her that God's people were praying for her.  She said she could feel it because of the peace she had.



Here is a photo of us with my mom (on the left) at our favorite tea room.
Image may contain: 3 people, including Deanna McElrath Rabe
                                               Photo from a few years ago.
                                                   

5 comments:

  1. Thanking the Lord with you this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news, Deanna! So very thankful for this outcome for your friend! What a blessing you and Rachel were to go and sit with her family. Thanks for allowing God to use you in this way in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the surgery went so well. May her recuperation be just as great. I honestly don't know how people get through things without the Lord. His peace and presence are such a comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am rejoicing with you.....praying for several people right now. God is good and it is an onor and priviledge to pray for one another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praising God with you for your dear friend. May she feel better and better with each passing day. That’s a lovely photo of the three of you!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...