Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, November 1, 2019

Friday Five-ish




Happy November! 


A seasonal poem to add to Circle Time: to recite and (eventually) commit to memory if said throughout the month of November.:


                                                                         source

I haven't taken many photos lately so I'm stretching things abit, but this is the way things are here at the beginning of November!

1. Autumn wreath - I refreshed this wreath, I've been using for several years, by adding new faux flowers.  I just stuck them in with the others and it has make a huge difference! I'm loving this wreath again!




2. I usually hang this sign on our kitchen door, but with the new door, I don't really want to hang anything on it directly. So this year, I hung it on a fence post and its good.



3. My trees this year were stunning and between rain this week, I sat outside and enjoyed them.  



4. Last night a strong thunderstorm and wind blew through, taking our electricity out for about 5 hours.  It came back on about 2:30 this morning.  Sadly, this is what the trees look like today.




5. Had a fun breakfast date this morning!


If you were in the path of that storm last night, I hope you all fared well.  We lost part of a tree that was already marked to be taken down this year.  Thankful there was no damage to the house or barn.  

Happy Weekend, Friends!

5 comments:

  1. Breakfast out with your Beloved! Yay! Oh my. Your beautiful trees! It is distressing I know. I wanted to write a blog post, but the power keeps blipping here so there isn’t much sense—too frustrating.

    Like the wreath and the Welcome Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of our trees look the same today. That was one wicked storm...the wind was crazy! I hope you enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got a good pic of that gorgeous tree before the storm!
    Still.....my favorite photo was the very last one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a marked difference in those trees from one day to the next. Kind of sad to see autumn waning.

    Clever you, refreshing your wreath! That's better than buying a new one! Your breakfast date looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colorful trees have me drooling:) Ours just didn't turn many pretty colors this year and now they are falling all over the place. Still I am thankful:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...