Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, November 29, 2019

Our Thanksgiving


We had a very nice Thanksgiving.  12 around our table, and an adorable, squishy baby.  The menu was turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, homemade rolls, dressing, and cranberry salad.  Everyone brings something and we split the leftovers.  


I had Sarah take some photos of the table before everyone arrived.





After the meal, the table was cleared for games.  They started with Rook, but then we switched to Mexican Train.


The desserts were English Apple Pie, Pumpkin and Sweet Potato pie, Pumpkin Crumble, Pumpkin Roll, and Pumpkin Pies!  We never even touched the pies!  Usually only one or two people bring dessert but this year everyone did!


I'll start my Christmas decorating today, but I do really like this centerpiece. Its been sweet.



Everyone is away today, either on a trip, working, or helping at the grandparents house.  I'll putter, read, eat leftovers, and begin to prepare my heart for the season of JOY!


1 comment:

  1. A lovely Thanksgiving at your house! And your table is so pretty! I love when there is a baby on Thanksgiving. Last year, Judah was a baby. This year, he's a toddler which means busy, busy, busy . . . but just as cute!

    We'll wait to start Christmas decorating on Sunday after Kati and Andrew leave for home. It will be helpful to have something pleasant to keep our minds occupied.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...