Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, March 23, 2020

Garden:Seed Update

You may remember that I started flower seeds, for my cottage garden, last Tuesday.  I bought one of these inexpensive 'greenhouse' containers this year.  I've only watered them right after I planted them, so it's doing great to help them stay hydrated.


Imagine my surprise the other day when one of the kids said "Hey! The seeds are coming up!"  And indeed some of them are!





It's going to be so interesting to see how they grow, which ones do the best, if any of the older seeds grow.

How was your weekend?  Ours was good.  This was supposed to be the weekend for the Beauty and The Beast performances.  Sigh.  We had church as a family yesterday morning.  I've only been out from home once in just over a week.  That was to pick up Sarah from work.  Tell you what, people are still loving their CFA!  That drive through was packed!

I'm sure we all have our own opinions about whether anyone should be out and about, and I just have to say that in our family, those who work away from home, are thankful to be able to still be bringing in an income.

We had our three local granddaughters all day yesterday, as Nate and Kay were helping their friends move.  Somethings just still must be done, and this couple needed to be out of their apartment and the moving company cancelled on them.  Otherwise Nate, has been off work.  That is going to hurt them financially, as it will so many others.

We are praying for the virus to end, for the curve to flatten, and for everyone who is ill.  I know we are all in agreement with this!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome news about the seedlings! And amen on your other thoughts. Have a beautiful week, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...