Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, May 28, 2021

Friday Five

 This Five is a bit of this and that.


1. Today is our last day of school. Kyle is finished with 10th grade. Our evaluator evaluates several of our friends' kids and so I host the evaluations at my house. Everyone comes here and they take their turn having a sampling of their work looked at, questions asked about things they learned favorite or not favorite! They talk about any field trips they took (though it was harder to do that this school year), show their books read list, share their art projects. It's a fun day for everyone, and the kids like that they get to hang out together.

Kyle's friend Daniel got to stay the whole day and when his dad (our friend Mike) came for him around 7:30 we were just sitting down to eat some dinner and Mike joined us. It was a fun meal and Tim enjoyed a few hours talking with his friend. 

Oh, and this was a brief time of their time spent together. Kyle taught Daniel our new game Skyjo, they played outside on our property, talked and laughed. It was a good day.



2. and 3. - A few more sneak peeks at our hall bath project!



4. Peonies. The season is too short, but they are so gorgeous!


5. Pretty Pink Roses.


Tonight for our family night we are celebrating our May birthday people! It used to be much easier to get together to do this, so we are happy that we can do this on this last Friday of May! Our May birthdays are my dad and mom, Nate, and Rachel. We hope to get a photo of the four of them together, since we haven't had one in a few years. I found this one from 10 years ago!




I hope your weekend is a good one. If you are in the USA remember that Memorial Day is not just a day to celebrate veterans. It's a day to remember and honor the fallen service men and women. I need to find a new flag today so I can hang it out on Monday.




5 comments:

  1. What a great five!! Congratulations on the successful completion of another homeschool year! Enjoy celebrating those birthdays! (Yes, it does get harder to find celebration times as the family grows!) And I am getting excited about your bathroom project! LOVED that sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was ashamed of our Cemetery Association because the flag in Veteran Circle is hanging in tatters. Awful. I am not displaying my flag because it is too faded and I have not been shopping for a flag. Perhaps in time for July; then again, perhaps not.

    It is so important for kids to have friends. I am glad that you are one of those kinds of mothers.

    The bathroom wall is going to be splendid. I know these things.

    Happy Birthday to all the May birthday people🎈🎈🎈🎈

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have your WELCOME sign out! I love that.
    I'll be interested in your bathroom redo....I'm redoing Louis Dean's...just the walls and cabinet. I'm winging it and figuring out what I want to do as I go. So far I have taken the wallpaper off and stucoed one wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love that shower curtain...so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great time with friends and family! Happy B'day to all of your May Birthday people! Our Flag is flying in the breeze, remembering all who gave their lives for our Country! Enjoy your Sunday dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...