Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

I'm Back!

 


We had a full and wonderful long weekend. We headed to South Carolina on Saturday morning.





The campus of Sarah's school is just lovely. After we talked with some of her friends and her roommate, who was flying home to Canada the next day, we got back on the road. 

We were headed to Tennessee to see Emma and family but also my nephew and his family. His sweet wife and I are good friends, and I am so happy that they are now in Tennessee where we will see them at least once a year. Ryan is a youth pastor, and was at their church in California, and then he was the family pastor. They love ministry and the young families, but his heart is really for youth. They had been wanting to move from California, even though that is where both of them grew up. So many of the young families in their church have fled California for either Idaho or Tennessee. Did you see that California had a loss of population for the first time in their history? Not surprising. Sadly that beautiful state is a mess.

Anyway, they sent out resume's to different parts of the country and prayed that God would lead, which of course he did! Everything fell into place quickly, houses sold and purchased, packing and a big move! They are so happy. We spent Sunday afternoon and early evening with them.




It was a beautiful Mother's Day spent together!

Our nephew and our daughter live a few hours from each other, so Sunday night we drove to the Nashville area and settled into our hotel. The next morning Emma and the kids met us at the hotel, and we headed to a nice cafe. We had breakfast stuff and treats, and enjoyed ourselves.




Back at their apartment Kyle and I both tried on Isla's flower crown. I think Kyle wears it better than I do! (grin)



We spent the afternoon playing a card game called Skyjo. Sarah says, it's like golf (a card game) except you use twelve cards.




It was fun, and I like finding new games that can be played and you can talk and have fun at the same time. I ordered it that day and it will arrive today.

We ate some pizza, then went to an indoor go cart place. Kyle and I watched the kids, as the other adult drivers took to the race track. Tim loves this kind of thing and he won both races! One of his lap times was the 5th fastest of the day. He was a happy camper.

Yesterday, we headed home, and did it with only one stop. It's about a 12 hour drive. One really fun thing was that we were on the phone with our friend Denny who drives a truck. It turns out he was headed to Knoxville, and we figured out that we were going to pass each other! I wish I would have taken some video! That was so much fun! A happy and cheering kind of thing. He texted later when he got to his hotel, and we had about 3 hours of driving left. 

This weekend filled my tank in ways I didn't know I needed. Lots of family time, lots of good conversation, and grandkid time. Just taking time for each other. A road trip with my man, audio books, music, beautiful scenery, no masks.  Nashville does have an indoor mask mandate, but we didn't wear them and they didn't say anything to us. Be free my friends!

I hope you are all well. We live where their is a fuel shortage, but so far, and on our trip we had no issues. I'm praying for the middle east. I'm praying for all these stressors to bring people to see that if evil has a source (and it does) then so does good. That source is God. I'm praying that people will turn to him and be saved.

Matthew 10:28 - " And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

2 Peter 3:9 - "The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not willing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance."


4 comments:

  1. Just curious how a Christian decides when to “submit to authority” and when not to (in relation to Nashville’s mask mandate. Seriously just curious, no hate...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I could hear the joy I your words.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your weekend! Just perfect.....and I love how y'all play games. I love to do that, too, but we don't play as much as I would like.
    You have such a full and active life and you wear so many hats as you live it! We don't wear masks at church anymore and I believe most places - and more people - are relaxing a little bit after all the months and months of being so scared. We still take precautions - will any of us ever NOT? Washing hands and having good manners in not getting in anyone's face and personal space (speaking about being out in public as opposed to being with family and close friends) and generally using good sense has become a way of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gas shortage, prices, and oil prices are giving me an opportunity to speak up. My oil man is on the opposite side politically. He spoke of his fears for next winter and I responded, "Yes, just think, six months ago, we were exporting oil."

    So glad that you had that wonderful weekend with your family. Any time you can gather one home is a good one. Oh, I love that funny photo of Sarah and her little cousin. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...