Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Packing Up The House

 We spent the weekend packing up my mother in law’s home. She lived here for forty years.


We also spent hours going through family photos and memorabilia. This is her wedding invitation from when she and Tim’s father married. They were married thirty years when Elmer died.



This photo is of my mother in law, lower left, her father and her two brothers.

This photo is Tim, lower left, and his brother and two sisters.

It’s been a sweet time together.

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and your family...I know that process and it's a mixed bag of sadness and lovely memories...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a big job. I am glad that it is going well. Sweet pictures! I see some family likenesses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope she had gotten rid of much stuff.

    And had a will, to dispose of the rest.

    I will stop now, because I have very strong views, on what-one-leaves-behind. Not necessarily the usual views. ,-0

    😏😏 My Icon is not me! 😏😏

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so bittersweet to pack up a house. It can be tedious and can involved difficult decisions, but usually sweet memories are uncovered and you feel close to the person whose earthly things are left behind. Thanks for sharing some of those sweet memories in the form of the family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I occasionally read your blog and have especially been blessed by your "good news Friday."posts. I am a Canadian and am requesting prayer for the truckers in Ottawa. Things look very bad. We only want our freedoms back and now we are basically living under a dictatorship. It is very terrifying. Only God can help us and all we can do is pray.

    Thank you very much for your encouraging and interesting posts.

    God bless always.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday (on Saturday)

  Hi everyone! Sorry I couldn't get this written and posted for Friday, but here it is on Saturday! These are dahlias and they are apart...