Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, February 7, 2022

Weekend

This weekend my dear mother in law transitioned to heaven. We'd realized that she was in transition and were in contact with Tim's sisters the whole weekend. We've cried, but mostly we are thankful. She lived a long, mostly healthy life. She was 100 years old! (in this photo she is 97) She served the Lord all of her adult years as a missionary, mission volunteer, worked at a food bank, did prison ministry into her early 90's. She had a heart to serve others.

She stepped into eternity at 9:50 am Sunday morning.


What did we do? We went to church. It was the best place to be. We worshipped and gave thanks in our hearts for our good God, and the gift of salvation. Jean was greeted by Jesus, and a host of loved one and others whose lives she touched. She's whole and complete. More fully who God created her to be than ever!

Saturday night, I was preparing for company for lunch on Sunday, and I started to have some flashing in my eye. I also then have had floaters, so I am seeing my eye doctor this afternoon. I'm praying that it is something simple, as we are headed to Florida on Thursday.

Right at this moment I feel pretty overwhelmed. I'd appreciate prayer. 

I also have some co-op responsibilities and I may not be able to do them, which is hard for me. I may have to pass them to someone else this week. 

Our guests on Sunday were part of our church's "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner" fun. The premise is that the hosts and the guests don't know whose coming or to whose house they are going! We hosted a couple with their teen son who we know slightly, and a married couple with no kids who we don't really know at all. Now we know them all much better, and they know us!

I made Poppy Seed Chicken, a big green salad, garlic parmesan bread for the meal, and for dessert I made English Apple Pie, and Brownie sundaes.

We talked, laughed, ate and they left with a basic friendship started.

I'll keep you up to date on my eye. Again, thanks for your prayers for our grief, and my eye.

Love to you all.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your family during this difficult time. God bless and comfort you. Also praying that whatever is going on with your eye will be something simple. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you as you grieve this loss. Just because Jean was 100 years old does not mean that you won't miss her a lot. What a life she lived! You'll be thinking of all the fun she is having forever. I think that way anyway. I'll remember a dear friend who is in Glory and wonder if my mom has enjoyed a heavenly cup of coffee or tea with her yet. Many prayers for all that is ahead. Don't overthink anything. One day at a time. Praying healing for your eyes and praying for your journey to Florida. Sending love. (Your hospitality in the midst of it all is admirable.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law, sending prayers to your family. It sounds like she was a wonderful woman. I think your dinner sounds very interesting, I love meeting new people. How fun! I hope your doctor appointment went well. My sister had something similar, I hope yours is nothing. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a pleasure to have had Jean visit in our home. What a delightful and vibrant person she was . . . and I believe she was already 90-something!! It is a joy to be with someone who is content with their portion. "My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

    Although I am very sorry for Tim and for you and for all who loved Jean, it is impossible to be sorry for her, for she is with the Lord! {{{Hugs}}} and prayers for all of you . . .

    Also praying for your eye! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m sorry to hear about your mother in law. Your tribute is wonderful. Please be careful with your eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. May God comfort all who loved your dear Mother-in-law. What a long life serving her Savior. I love that idea of "Guess who's coming to dinner" Not sure everyone would be keen on the idea but I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...