Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Cottage Cooking: Easy Chicken and Dumplings


Today we started back with our home economics class, we began working on knitting, and our friends were staying to dinner because we needed to plan our trip to Williamsburg.


With my niece Kaitlin here and our friend Denny, I needed to feed 13 people and so I planned to make this dish, though I had never made it before.

To make things a bit easier, my friend Jen brought store bought biscuits to use as the dumplings.

I have no photos but here is what I did.

Boil chicken breasts until done.  I put them in my KitchenAid mixer to shred them, then took steamed mixed veggies and tossed both in the crockpot, or in this case two crock pots.  I then made homemade cream of chicken soup using a rue and milk, and I add Better Than Bouillon organic chicken soup base as flavoring.  


When it thickened I added it to the chicken and veggies, and Jen added the biscuits into the mixture and we turned on the crock pots and put the lids on.  The biscuits were done when we were ready to eat.  

It was easy and delicious!  This could easily be made and instead of serving with dumplings, you could serve it over rice, or noodles.  I love these kinds of crowd pleasing meals.  They are healthy and satisfying.

I hope you enjoy this meal.  Let me know if you make it.


5 comments:

  1. I'm going to pin this one. I am a huge fan of chicken and dumplings. It's such a comfort food to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a perfect meal for a busy day! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Sounds delish! I will try this soon. I love using my crock-pot:). Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great meal it sounds like, and what did we do before crock pots? I use the same chicken bullion seasoning and it is so handy. I've been known to use a smidge in my mashed potatoes in place of butter for flavoring. Been catching up on your posts. We also had that cooler weather and had our windows open. It's such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you say noodles? I'm still pondering the homemade cream of chicken soup. Must investigate this further.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...