Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sleep Over




One of the challenges, if I can call it that, of having my granddaughter living with us, is that I don't always get one on one Grandma/grandchild time with her.

Last night, I invited her to "sleep over" with me in my bed.  While Tim read to our kids (he is reading the Return of the King) before he went to work, Kamryn and I headed to my room to watch something together.  We ate popcorn, and enjoyed Princess and the Popstar, and then Blue's Clues.

Then she and I snuggled in with her five stuffed animals and went to sleep.  Well, she wiggled, and jiggled for a while, but it wasn't too long before she was asleep.

It was fun, and I need to remember to take the time for just she and I.  

Love that girlie so!

6 comments:

  1. I have learned that sleeping with a grandchild can be just like sleeping with a blender! You did well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing at Vee's comment!!
    I remember sleeping with my grandmother when we would sleep over. I can tell you that there is not one single memory any more dear to me than that one, and we didn't even have movies to watch.

    Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious...and what a great, inventive idea!! Memory-making moments, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is making the best of your situation mixed with a good dose of love and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping back in to say that I keep giggling about Vee's blender comment!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet times. Laughing at Vee's blender comment. Little ones do move around a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...