Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mentoring Opportunity


I am a proponent of the Titus 2 ministry model with older women mentoring the younger women.

I was mentored as a young woman and it was very life changing for me. Over the years I have mentored young women myself. It is a wonderful way to pass along the things the Lord has taught you.

I currently mentor my daughters and as a leader of a large homeschool co-op I mentor many of these ladies as well.

I have been feeling the need to be encouraged lately and I think I have found just the thing!

Victoria Botkin is going to be doing online mentoring on Monday nights starting tomorrow night. Here is what her family's ministry website says -

How does a wife help her husband be the man Christ wants him to be? How can she inspire him to love her? How can she discover the forgotten joys of being the helper God designed her to be? Beginning March 1, Victoria, beloved wife to Geoffrey Botkin, will host weekly online mentoring sessions for women as a homemaker's resource to the worldwide Christian community. Mother to five boys and two girls, Victoria draws insight from 30 years of applying Scripture to marriage with one of America's most visionary men.
Join Victoria as she discusses subjects such as woman's great power, sinful tendencies, obedience vs. submission, independence vs. submission, freedom vs. submission, beauty, dress, makeup, respect, women's rights, hospitality, speaking words of life, managing with grace, pitfalls of perfectionism in homemaking, Hollywood expectations, trials, trust, and cultivating personality. Victoria will begin each session by responding to pressing, appropriate questions from participants. Topic headings include:
  • All about Eve
  • All about Sarah
  • The Proverbs 31 wife
  • About love
  • How to help your husband love you
  • How to become a wise woman

My two older daughters are going to sit in with me to listen and learn and to be encouraged.

If you think you might be interested you can go here to find out more information

1 comment:

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...