Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sewing

www.allposters.com


My friend Kelly is coming over on Monday to sew a skirt. We found this beautiful deep purple fabric a few months ago and then she found a pattern. Now it is time to make a skirt!

Kelly used to work in a sewing factory, so she knows how to sew, but she has never worked with a pattern. It is going to be fun!

I will try to take pictures so you can see our progress! It shouldn't take too long, but the pattern we are using is new to me, so there is that element of the unknown.

What are you all up to this week?

5 comments:

  1. That's an interesting concept to me, to have worked in a sewing factory, be able to sew, and yet never have used a pattern. I feel like I'm pattern dependent, as I haven't done much sewing without one, so I can't imagine what that's like. Have fun sewing!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun time.

    Please pray for Mom's doctor appointment this morning....
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!
    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I appreciate it so much =) Jewels and her family is doing well =)
    Hope you have a wonderful spring too!!

    åslaug

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed yesterday, even though we couldn't complete the skirt. It was really fun to sew again. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I sat down at a machine again. Thank you, Deanna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to sew! I've done mostly Civil War era ball gowns, but I've also made a skirt or two, all with patterns. I'm not brave enough to try without!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...