Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, March 17, 2011

And Yea, All Their Descendants...

www.allposters.com

Our niece Crystal and her husband, Andrew, had a baby girl, two days ago. Her sister Melissa and her husband, Geoff, have two young boys, and my nephew Ryan and his wife, Alicia, have and two year old son and a baby on the way.  My own granddaughter is 9 months old.

It is a beautiful thing to see another generation be born and come into the world.  
  www.allposters.com

 Tim's great grandfather had many children and everyday he would pray for them by name, and pray for their children, and for their grandchildren and "yea, all their descendants."  His prayer was that they would serve the Lord and honor Him with their lives.
 www.allposters.com

This prayer has been answered in many ways through the generations.  Almost all the family are believers and walking with the Lord.  There have been many even who have given their lives to Christian service as missionaries and pastors.  There has been little divorce.

 www.allposters.com


 This new generation being born is being raised in the same way, for the most part.  Their parents are wanting to raise them in an intentional way - to raise them to know and love the Lord. 

It is a blessing to see these families grow.  These little ones we held as newborns or played with as young children, are now raising their own little ones.  We are now grandparents, and our parents are great-grandparents.  The time goes by so fast. 

Only One Life

Two little lines I heard one day,Traveling along life's busy way;
Bringing conviction to my heart, And from my mind would not depart;
Only one life, 'twill soon be past, Only what's done for Christ will last. 

Only one life, yes only one, Soon will its fleeting hours be done;
Then, in 'that day' my Lord to meet, And stand before His Judgement seat;
Only one life,'twill soon be past, Only what's done for Christ will last.

Only one life, the still small voice, Gently pleads for a better choice
Bidding me selfish aims to leave, And to God's holy will to cleave;
Only one life, 'twill soon be past, Only what's done for Christ will last.

Only one life, a few brief years, Each with its burdens, hopes, and fears;
Each with its clays I must fulfill, living for self or in His will;
Only one life, 'twill soon be past, Only what's done for Christ will last.

When this bright world would tempt me sore, When Satan would a victory score;
When self would seek to have its way, Then help me Lord with joy to say;
Only one life, 'twill soon be past, Only what's done for Christ will last.

Give me Father, a purpose deep, In joy or sorrow Thy word to keep;
Faithful and true what e'er the strife, Pleasing Thee in my daily life;
Only one life, 'twill soon be past, Only what's done for Christ will last.

Oh let my love with fervor burn, And from the world now let me turn;
Living for Thee, and Thee alone, Bringing Thee pleasure on Thy throne;
Only one life, "twill soon be past, Only what's done for Christ will last.

Only one life, yes only one, Now let me say,"Thy will be done";
And when at last I'll hear the call, I know I'll say "twas worth it all";
Only one life,'twill soon be past, Only what's done for Christ will last.
Author Unknown 

I believe that our children and grandchildren are going to go through much harder times than we have gone through. I am praying for the generations in our family and the ones to come.

4 comments:

  1. Well said, my friend.
    See you in a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Deanna. We do need to be in prayer daily for our children, and all their future generations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post. My mom told me this week about finding a note in her old bible about praying for her children and grandchildren and their faith. She's always prayed in this way. Her note was written before any of my children were born.
    My brother divorced when his kids were little and they weren't raised in church, but this past summer, one of my nephew's married...a Calvary Chapel pastor's daughter. They married while on a mission trip to Romania. God is good, and oh so faithful!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful to pray for "all the generations."

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...