Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, March 7, 2011

This and That

photo credit - Rachel Rabe
 
 
We had a wonderful weekend.  
 
Tim and I went to a home school leaders breakfast, Saturday morning.  The speaker was a local lawyer who works with issues of home schooling and the law.  He was very informative and I am looking forward to sharing some of what I learned with the Moms in our co-op. 
 
After breakfast, our kids met us and we went to Cabela's. It was neat to see all the wild life they have on display - even an African elephant!  My younger kids really liked the giant aquarium, and the shooting gallery on the second floor.  They did pretty well hitting targets.

When we got home, our friend Denny came over and had dinner and then we watched the first disk of "The Return of The King" - the extended edition of course!  That is why we only watched the first disk!
 
It is a lot of fun to have real friendships with the people you go to church with.  It's a blessing that we are very thankful for!
 
On the Sundays that we have fellowship meals, the men have been meeting after the meal to share and pray together.  During this time, the ladies have been trying to meet as well.  We also are watching all the kids during that time, and that has made it a bit more tricky for us.  We are trying to work it out!
 
After that, those who didn't have other plans came to our house.  It was fun.  I played Clue with several of the kids - they did really well, Rachel beat us but Max had the same conclusion, and Justin and I were close to knowing the answer too!  They were all really good sports.   The next game Lindsay took my place.  Later there was a Risk game, as well!  
 
Since the rain was pouring out of the sky all day yesterday, everyone was indoors, so we had people everywhere.  The kids were playing and watching Veggie Tales, pizza was consumed, some of the adults had great discussion about nutrition - milk, mainly - raw vs pasteurized/homogenized vs no dairy at all.  It was interesting hearing about how someones allergies cleared up etc...I am so interested in these topics.  I want for my family to be healthy and well.
 
It was neat to hear Ben, Anthony, Emily and Lindsay playing music together last night.  Ben and Lindsay play the violin, Anthony, the mandolin and Emily was playing the alto recorder.  I think they are working on music for church!  They were at it for hours, well, most of them anyway!
 
Lindsay and I have been working on her Eowyn dress - I will post photos soon.  We have the vest to make still, but the dress only needs to be hemmed.  The pattern is easy to work with - and we are already discussing what material we would use for another one!
Today, Lindsay, along with our younger kids, is spending part of the day with the family that she visits as a mother's helper.  Today is one of the little boys 5th birthday and they were going over to play and celebrate!  Rachel, Sarah and Kyle each made him a birthday card as did Lindsay.  They are going to have a great time!
 
I hope you all have a wonderful day.
I want to leave you with some verses from Ephesians 4:1-6 -
 
"As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.  Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.  Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.  There is one body and on Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." 
 
What a beautiful way to live....

2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful verse....I like it a lot!

    Tell your kids to let me know when they are ready to play an offertory. We will be thrilled to hear them!!!

    We had such an interesting weekend I am trying to rest up a bit before the rest of the week takes over.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...