Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, October 26, 2012

Mid-Morning At The Cottage

 A trip into the city to drop Emma off at the shoppe, returning via our local dairy for milk and the delightful surprise that they now carry our favorite apple cider. A quick stop at the apple orchard for some apples - then home.  I love my cottage - it welcomes me.  I took this photo from the corner - zooming in a bit and then I cropped it - wish I could crop the speed limit sign (it's twisted a bit so you can't see the numbers in this photo) out of the photo.  Oh, and the antenna should go - we have never used it!
 
Autumn is quickly fading here - perhaps it knows a huge storm, "Frankenstorm", is on it's way.

My darling friend jAne at Tickleberry Farm was the inspiration for our breakfast this morning...you can find her post here.

Farm fresh eggs, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, baby spinach, farmer's cheese...it was delightful.  Real food.  Yum.

Thank you for praying for me yesterday.  We had a really good meeting and the website should be open for business Wednesday or Thursday - just in time for the Christmas shopping season!

   Here is a wonderful quote by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

 “A true woman is willing, serious, and determined to reflect the beauty and heart of Christ to her world. She seeks to live a God-centered life, trusting Him and saying “Yes, Lord!” She knows this is only possible by His grace, and seeks to do so in community.”

I hope you have a wonderful day.  If you are in the Mid-Atlantic or Northeast, make some sort of preparations for the coming stormMost prep is for things that are useful anyway - water, batteries, gas for a generator, tp.  I am hoping that it will weaken not be as bad as they think it could be.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, batten down the hatches...get water...fill the tub...canned good...crackers...anything! =) Oh my! We are still praying that this monster stays out to sea. What do you do for storm preparation? I suppose I'll bring in my wee pumpkins and take down the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I meant to say that seeing your cottage there shows me exactly why you smile to return home...everything from the color to the picket fence and the gardens...Sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh...a beckoning home is one of life's dearest blessings.

    Your breakfast looks fabulous! My cranberry English muffin was pretty good this morning, but it couldn't stand up to this yummy-looking dish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cottage is a cheery site. Love the color, the arbor and picket fence.

    Yes, I'm hoping the storm weakens and isn't as bad as predicted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is just lovely....there is such happiness and joy here!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...