Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

The First Thanksgiving 1621 Giclee Print 
 allposters.com

I'm thankful that people who were being persecuted for their religious beliefs, packed into a small ship with their children and headed for a place they hoped would allow them to worship the way they believed would honor God.

They left 'modern' life behind for the unknown.  They suffered the death of half of their party that first winter.  But they saw themselves as stepping stones for the next generation and the next.

Were they perfect people?  No.  Were they all separatists?  No.  But they found a way to work together, and even learned from the Indians, how to survive.

They had a vision of building a community and perhaps a nation.  I often wonder if I would have had the strength to face the dangers they did.

I hope you have a wonderful day.  Even in these challenging times, there are things to be Thankful for, and to remember the Source of all goodness and blessing.

 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! We are having ours tomorrow so today is rather normal for me, but delightfully quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we can always find things to be Thankful for !

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...