Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

A Video Of A Life

 


I'm working on a video of Tim's mom's life. I've never done this before, but I found a free program online, and am working through it. Thankfully, it's pretty easy!

What's hard is going through the photos we have of her 100 year old life, and condensing that life into a video. I'm amazed at the analogy that comes to mind.

The Bible says - 

“You do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away” (James 4:14).

This video is showing just a snippet of a long life. When finished it will be very short. It can't begin to tell her story, or how she felt losing two sons in Africa, or what it was like to have two long marriages and end up a widow both times.

It can't convey how she loved people so well, how she trusted God in everything and praised Him for who he was even in the midst of pain.

It's a vapor, just like our lives.

I am reminded that I don't want to waste the time God has given to me. One day, one of my kids maybe making a video of my life. What will it show? Will it reveal my love for my family, for others, for my Lord? I hope so.

"Only one life, 'twill soon be past, 
Only what's done for Christ will last."
CT Studd

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I can imagine that such a task sets one to thinking about the brevity of life. Your mother-in-law is so cute. I can see some of her in your children...Lindsay particularly. Do you see that, too, or am I making things up? So cool that there is a free program to help you with the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is a vapor, I know that this is a labor of love to make this video. Enjoy your day dear friend, sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that it is sobering to represent the whole of a person's life in a brief slide show. I think that is why the Bible says that it is better to go to the house of mourning than the house of feasting (Ecclesiastes 7:2). When we ponder the brevity of life and consider eternity, we have a better perspective of the things that really do matter.

    I know that you will do a wonderful job of honoring Jean, which in turn will honor the Lord she served! Still praying for your family . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tribute you're making to honor her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes indeed ... when we consider the brevity of life it really motivates us to be sure we are living out the purpose God has for us. Your mother-in-law surely did that. What a tribute this will be to a life well-lived for the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...