Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, March 14, 2022

Weekend

This weekend was interesting, and we had our last (hopefully) winter weather for the season! 

I got a haircut on Friday, and then Kyle and I got groceries. The weather was so mild that I wore a light cardigan and even took that off at one point.

Friday evening Tim and I went out looking for a vehicle. We wanted to sit in various ones, and narrow down which ones would be good to focus on. We found out that due to supply chain issues manufacturers are unable to get the computer chips cars need, so a lot of dealerships don't have new cars on the lots. Most used cars are selling way above their normal selling price, much like the housing market.

We did however narrow down what we'll be looking to purchase.

Saturday was the day of the bridal shower for the young woman whose wedding I am coordinating and doing flowers for in May. We however woke to a winter storm, and they decided to postpone until the afternoon and see if we could still do it.

By their time frame, it did stop snowing, though the wind was blowing big time! Tim offered to drive me, and Rachel decided to ride along with us.

I'm glad Tim drove. With the wind the roads were drifted over in many areas, and it was hard to see sometimes. I would have been extremely nervous driving in those conditions. Tim's thoughtfulness allowed me to attend the shower and it was a really good time.


This wreath is made up of dried bamboo, which grows on the bride's parent's property. It looks like a dried eucalyptus. Really cool. the orange you see behind one of the floating candles are little pencils they gave us to play a few games.

The ladies of their church came out for the shower and really gifted the bride with items for her home. It was sweet to see.


The bridesmaids brought the dresses they had purchased. Rachel is wearing the olive green one. The dress closest to the camera is not going to be worn, it came in the wrong tone, and I'm not sure about the one on the other end. Sometimes the colors are not what they look like in person, when you order online.


These colors were the inspiration for what they were going to wear.  



Here are the bridesmaids. Rachel is on the left, the brides sister is two over from Rachel, and the rest of the gals are the grooms' sisters and sister in law.


Yesterday was cold but sunny, and the weather today will be in the 50's and the rest of the week in the 60's. It truly is spring in Pennsylvania!

Also, I don't know if any of you are on Truth Social, but I just got in late last night and I am using @deannarabe just like on Instagram. Come follow me!





1 comment:

  1. When/if I get on, I will!

    One of my favorite vloggers married on Saturday in North Carolina in a snowstorm with blistering winds. It'll be a story to tell.

    So glad the shower went on and so many showed up. Tim is a keeper, but then you've known that all along!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...