Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, May 2, 2022

Weekend

 Today, I have to include Thursday in our 'weekend' report, because I took Kamryn and Klaire to see Cinderella! My mom and Rachel came, too.


It was staged by the performing arts academy that Sarah was a part of several years ago. Her year, they were doing Beauty and the Beast and literally the weekend before performances were to start, cov*d shut it down! 

We know the student who played Cinderella, and many of the other students, too! It was fantastic! Klaire like it because she got a tiara.


Friday, Tim took off work and we went vehicle shopping. Let me tell you with supply chain issues, the cost of available used cars is through the roof! However, we had already narrowed it down to two styles we were interested in and went shopping to find one!

The first place we went was a dealership. The car we had seen online, was in rougher shape than we wanted but the salesman, Bernard, was a fellow believer and we had a fantastic conversation. He said, "You may have thought that you came here to look at this vehicle, but God sent you to encourage me." 

Next we went to check out a vehicle at a small lot. We were decided that we'd either get a Toyota Sienna or a Honda Odyssey.  This vehicle wasn't the right one either but we had several other places to look.

Another small car lot and nice Sienna's, one with very low miles, but the more we looked at them the more we were thinking it really wasn't the best choice for us at our stage of life.

Most people buy a mini van because they have more than two kids. We only have one 'kid' at home now, but with my parents living with us, and the fact that they don't distance drive any road trip, like our trip this coming weekend for Sarah's graduation, means they need to ride with us and we need to have comfortable seating for 5 of us.

We went and test drove a private sale Odyssey, it had low miles, but for the price I thought it was a bit rougher than we wanted. So back to those Sienna's. Sigh. This confirmed that they were not the right choice.

We checked online again, and this time I found a small car lot about 20 miles away. We called, and headed there.

We found our van! It had nearly the same low miles as the private owner one. It was the same year, and it was in great shape. The price was the same, too! So we traded in our old faithful van, which was no longer inspectable in our state, and we drove home in our new Odyssey!




We are very thankful. We used our share of the sale of Tim's mom's house to buy it. God always provides what we need. 

Saturday we took Kyle and my parents on a road trip to check it out, and everyone enjoyed the ride and comfort. That small seat space in the middle actually folds down for middle row cup holders!

When we got back, I had a package waiting for me. Emma had sent an early Mother's Day gift.


 A sweet mug and nice comfy blanket! Bring on the cozy!

Yesterday was church, and we came home and grilled burgers. Then we mostly relaxed. Tim and Kyle did a cleaning of the pool. It's not warm enough to swim, but it still needs to be kept clean.

Today, I have school with the kids, and an errand to run. I've started my eye drops for my cataract surgery on Wednesday.

I hope you all had a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Now that's a lot of news! Congrats on the Odyssey. No small feat finding vehicles these days. Klaire in her tiara is so adorable. I also received an early Mother's Day gift because daughter will be working on Mother's Day. Your daughter sent thoughtful gifts...very pretty. You will not be surprised that I did not take even one photo of my weekend gathering. So typical of me! 🤦🏻‍♀️ Praying in advance for your surgery Wednesday. This means you get to rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella is one of my favorites! The music is SO beautiful! I'll bet the girls - well, really, all of you girls! - had a wonderful time!

    Congratulations on the thoughtful purchase of your new van! I will be praying for you as you have your cataract surgery this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well with your cataract surgery. I had both my eyes done last summer. Hope you have a trusty eye drop deliverer for your post op! Congrats on your new vehicle. Hope you have many road trips in your future!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...