Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas Tea


Well friends, I will probably not be posting for a few days. I am very busily finishing up preparation for a Christmas Tea at our church. We were hoping to get 40 ladies there this year, and as of this after noon we have about 75! This is so wonderful but it means we are scrambling to make sure we have enough goodies! I also am trying to make tea cosies for each of our table hostesses, and now we are going to need like 10 tables!

Please pray for me and with me that this time will be a blessing to our women and the friends they are bringing with them. We want to help them start the season out right, with a focus on Christ!

I'll let you know how it goes!

7 comments:

  1. You my friend are incredible - you have my prayers. I'm confident that your evening will be just as you planned - special, like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! 75 people is a lot, but what a fun time you will have! I will pray God gives you extra energy and good health as you are preparing such a fun event!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this mean you need more than 8 candles?
    What a crazy woman you must be right now.
    Hang in there and enjoy the tea!!!
    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are up to 85 ladies! Oh my! This is so exciting - this is more ladies than our retreat! Next year we will need a committee to handle everything, so Jan and I are doing everything! Wow!

    And yes Becky I need 10 candles now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will miss your posting. Wow, the tea sounds like it will be a huge hit! 85 ladies! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great number of ladies getting together! You might say something like,"If you have enjoyed this tea and would like to be a part of the planning team for next year, please let me know"! There may be women who would love to help you and you don't even know!!! That would help you out so much!!

    When is the tea by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tea is tomorrow night, the 30th!

    We are doing our own version of "Oprah's favorite things", but it is a surprise to our ladies. They are going to love it! I will try to get pictures!

    Thanks for your encouragement and prayers

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...