Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, June 27, 2008

Get Out The Kleenex!

A son asked his father, "Dad will you take part in a marathon with me?"
The father, who, despite having a heart condition, said "yes"
They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on
to join other marathons, the father always saying 'yes' to his son's request of
going through yet another race together.


One day, the son asked his father, "Dad, let's join the Ironman together." To which, his
father said 'yes' once again. For those who don't know, Ironman is the
toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events
of a 2.4 mile ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile bike ride and ends with a
26.2 mile marathon along the coast of the 'Big' Island in Hawaii. Father
and son completed the race together. Please view this:


4 comments:

  1. I saw this father and his son some time ago on one of the morning shows. What an incredible man hs is. What an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw them interviewed also...this video with the music is great. I am wiping tears!

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such love. wow.

    I wish I could have seen an interview of this father and his son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had seen it too! So precious - I believe it is just like the Heart of our Heavenly Father toward us!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...