Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day



I am so thankful for those who have gone before us and fought for freedom. Here are a few interesting quote from the Founding Fathers.

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.
John Adams

It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

I hope that all Americans will remember their freedom which was purchased at a price by some....



4 comments:

  1. Scary, isn't it? How thin a thread our freedoms are hung by.

    A very strong thread when it is built on the things of the Lord, but brittle and fragile when He is left out of the equation.

    Praying for a revival in our government.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen...amen..and to Becky's comments as well.
    I wonder how FREE we will be next year, this time....as a country ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture. The quotes are thought-provoking. The one by Thomas Jefferson is almost identical to one I have hanging on a bulletin board in our school/dining room, which says, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." I do not have the name of the person who said it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...