Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, August 8, 2015

A Feast Of Fellowship And Encouragement

I helped arrange a luncheon for friends.  One was, until yesterday, an online friend only.  These women are such a joy to me, they are bright, and articulate, funny.  They care deeply about their families, their neighbors, their faith, books, education.  I am grateful for their friendship and more deeply their kinship.

My friend Karen hosted at her lovely home.


 Heather, Cheryl, Karen and Jennifer.



 We feasted on crustless quiche, a beautiful salad, cucumber sandwiches on German Rye bread, spouted spelt bread with Kerrygold butter, and a gluten-free, sugar free lemon cheesecake on a shortbread crust!


Refreshing herbal tea


Bonnie, Karen and Heather checking out the bookcases.  If you love to read, you are always interested in what others have on their bookcases!  Brenda, Karen, Heather, and I spoke of you yesterday! Our hope is to one day have tea with you!  Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could come and be here with us one day?

We've talked about making this a regular activity,  maybe every other month.  It's so special to have time with women who share interests and values.

That is a big reason I blog here.  I value the interaction of the people who read and comment here.  It's so great to find common interests and to share lives together in this world.  Thank you so much your friendship.


Jennifer, Bonnie, Heather, Cheryl, Me, and Karen

6 comments:

  1. It was a feast indeed..."Mother Culture" of the best kind!! I am still mulling it over and soaking it all in! Thank you so much for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Yes, Brenda is definitely a kindred spirit!! It would be wonderful to meet with her...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, that looks like a wonderful time, great food and fellowship! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl was the other person I recognized in your photo! I kept thinking that her name began with a "C". My memory for names was never good but now?

    You would find me right there at the table having tea and yes... standing in front of the bookshelf! I used to have all of Karen's books on my shelf but I gave them to Stephanie. Since mothers do that. Especially when their daughters homeschool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful company! I can only imagine "the fellowship of kindred minds" experienced around the table (and in front of the book shelves.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deanna, it was such a special and wonderful time! Thank you so much for including me! I can't wait until we can do it again!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...