Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Trim Healthy Mama - Weight Loss Update

I mentioned in my last update, in late June, that I had reached 45 pounds lost.  That was about 6 weeks ago.  I weighed myself Sunday morning and I had lost 2 1/2 more pounds!  Woo Hoo!  I am so close to the goal I have for my first year, which is 50 pounds!

I am 5'1" and when I started my journey I was wearing a tight size 24.  Currently I am wearing size 18 in bottoms and misses size xl in tops!  Amazing!

I went shopping this week for a dress for Nate and Kayleigh's wedding.  I found a dress that I really liked, Mom and Rachel thought it looked great, too.

I tried it on for Tim when he got home and he saw that I was tugging to keep it in place at the shoulders and said, "I think you need a smaller size."  WHAT??!!

I bought a size 18, which had blown my mind, I would never have thought that I could fit in a smaller size.  So I went back the next day but they didn't have a size 16w to try.  I was so disappointed, but I saw they had a 14w and had the thought, "Go ahead and try it on.  Why not?"  

With trepidation I went and tried it on, thinking that it was not going to fit.  

You know what's coming don't you.

It fit.  I took pictures and texted them to my mom.  "What do you think?"  "I think it looks great!," was the response.  

Do you know what I did?  I bought a size 14w for my son's wedding!!!!  A size 14w!!!  That's just crazy!

I am still hoping to be at 50 pounds lost by the time their wedding rolls around.  That is around the one year mark for being on the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan.  

I really had wanted to have lost a lot more by now, but you know what?  I've seen my body getting healthy.  I'm wearing smaller clothing sizes because my body is smaller.  I'm seeing my Mama also losing and getting healthier!








I am so THANKFUL to the Lord for His grace and help.  I am thankful for the nudge to give this way of eating a try.  It works.  Seriously, if I can do it anyone can!



5 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you!! Can't wait to see pics of you in that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay...a size 14! I'm so happy for you and you will look awesome in your new dress. Don't forget we'll all want to see a photo of the dress on when the wedding takes place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I'm sure you can get to 50 …an amazing accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your face has the glow of health :)
    Keep it up. It's SO worthy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just began the journey with THM.... Reading your blog reinforces that God has led us to this & He has good plans for us <3

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...