Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

It's A Beautiful Morning


Here is a look at the backyard on this beautiful morning.  The cicadas are singing loudly today.

We've been working hard on getting the property tidy and organized for the wedding.  I love having a looming deadline like this - we are really motivated to get stuff done!  (not that we don't normally take care of the property but as I've said before this spring and summer have been unusual for us with Tim starting his own business)

I took a few photos yesterday afternoon as I was finishing the mowing.

 This is the riding arena with the barn in the background.

 Some of these fence posts need to be replaced.  They've been in the ground nearly 8 years.

We are going to park cars in the arena for the wedding.  There is a big 12 foot gate on this street side of the arena area.  Emma's boyfriend Vinnie is a professional valet and will be handling the parking of the cars!

 Hi, Sandy girl!


 Potting up some red and white annuals.  This is no easy task as most places have gotten rid of any remaining annuals to make way for fall mums and other plants.  Not sure how the red geraniums are going to do for another week and a half!

 My beautiful hydrangea.  I need to decide where this beauty is going!

 With so much to do and so little time, I had Sarah and Rachel finish  a project for me yesterday.  Remember when I spray painted a few chairs early in the summer or late spring in that beautiful Sea Glass color?  Well, it didn't hold up very well.  So I bought a different kind of paint for plastics and this color is called Lagoon.  I sprayed a chair a month ago and since it held up well, we decided to go with this color.  


The chairs look great, and Sarah got the opportunity to do something she'd never done before!

Enjoy your day friends!

5 comments:

  1. Everything is looking great around your place. Love the colour of those chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color!! Great idea to paint your chairs! You're making progress on your to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! Love the pretty green grass and colorvof the chairs !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking so lovely! Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful grounds, flowers and Sandy girl:) and the chairs turned out perfect:) We have painted ours too! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...