Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, January 15, 2018

Home Keeping: Polishing Silver

I accomplished all my home keeping goals for Saturday.  In the photo below you can see that I even removed my garland and lights from the top of the bookcase.  I'm working on a new arrangement for that shelf and not quite finished with it yet.

One of my goals was to polish some of my silver (plate) so I could use it in my January decor.  I really like Cape Cod Polishing Cloths.








I've got more to do, but getting this pretty set done made me happy.  I'm using it on the coffee table in the living room.  My youngest granddaughter, Klaire, likes to play with the creamer and sugar bowl.  Did you know that a creamer makes a handy bowl for popcorn?  Klaire thought so.

Nate and Kay and the girls stayed the night at our house last night due to their heating unit not working.  Their property management is hoping to get that fixed or replaced today.  Its bitterly cold here so they could not sleep at their place.  We're happy that we have plenty of room to add them in.  They slept in Rachel's room, and we put a mattress on the floor for her in Sarah's room.  Klaire slept in the Pack 'n Play we bought 29 years ago when we were expecting Nate.  Kind of amazing.

I'm headed out in 30 minutes to take Denny to his first PT appointment.  He's doing really well.

Then I'm treating Lindsay to lunch in celebration of her birthday, which was January 1st.

What did you do this weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Your silver is so pretty! That's something I don't have but I've always loved. It' bitterly cold here too. And we got snow again yesterday so at least we have a pretty white landscape to enjoy while we're hibernating! Stay warm and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your silver set looks so nice. I polished mine up for Christmas this year, even though it was just the two of us here...I like pretty things also. I used the regular polish liquid and a cloth, what would be the difference between your cleaning method and the polish? Maybe just a little less messy?
    Never thought to use the creamer as a popcorn bowl, fun Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love silver! Such a pretty set you ave, too! Nothing special happened this weekend, still recovering from the nasty virus that is making it's rounds. Hoping to air the house out, today. Chasing those germs away. Have a wonderful Monday and lunch! Willful hugs ~ Donna E. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something very therapeutic about polishing silver! Glad to hear your houseguest is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted a few silver pieces and I do try to find them in the thrift stores, but they are usually pricey!! Yours and super shiny now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl, I am behind already with my January goals:) At least the Christmas decorations are finally all down. I "UN-decorated" my dining room table yesterday! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay you for accomplishing all of your housekeeping goals! I love a puttering around the house kind of day.

    Our weekend did not involve any housekeeping goals, but our Grand Sleepover was TONS of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...