Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

One Of My Goals For 2018







Its that time of year when people talk about resolutions and goals.  I don't make resolutions anymore, but I do set some goals, generally.

I have several and I may talk about all of them at some point but today I wanted to talk about one goal that I really want to accomplish.

Any guesses?

I won't keep you in suspense, the goal I'm speaking of is to get back to reading books in 2018.  

I'm a big reader - always reading something, in fact.  The last several years though, I've read in spurts.  I start a book, set it aside, finish it finally, and then don't start another book for sometime.  I want to get back to being consistent in my reading.  To not always be reading online, but to read books.

I've already read one book this year, and I'm trying to decide what to read next.  Do I read a series, or pick up an old friend?  Decisions, decisions.

I'm interesting in what you like to read.  Do you have a favorite author, or books series?  What's your favorite book?  I'm looking for book recommendations!  Bring it on, friends!

If I don't have books on my TBR shelf I start feeling panicky.....I know, sad, but true

10 comments:

  1. I have that same goal! I always have a book with me but here lately I can go a whole day without reading even one page!
    My house has stacks and baskets of book! I just finished Nicholas Sparks ‘The Best if Me’ just a few minutes ago. In the morning I will pick out three books to take to the country - I want a couple of back ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No danger of that as there are so many books! Enjoy returning to books in a more thoughtful way. (I, too, read as you do. Then I wonder why my head is skipping all about. 🙃) Thinking of your friend today and praying for an excellent outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love books. What book did you read? I am currently reading Hands Free Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The older I get, the more I realize that my preferences in reading may (or may not be) shared. I'm very particular - some would say "narrow" in what I read. I, too, am looking for some quality reading. Not just "the latest" in Christian living category...but reading and re-reading some classics. The fiction department puzzles me. I'm not fixated on a particular genre and find series very difficult to navigate for some reason... Clearly, I'm not help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think there ever is a danger of not enough to read and for that we can be thankful. I too need to read more but easily get distracted by the "tyranny of the urgent." That's why I'm thankful for our bookclub as it makes me read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm finally getting back into reading for my own enjoyment and enrichment. For years I simply didn't have time after all the other things that needed tending to, but I recently finished The Missing Manuscript of Jane Austen by Syrie James. It's a story within a story, and I enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would recommend The Awakening of Miss Prim, the author's first novel, not a Christian novel but very good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I second The Awakening of Miss Prim! I'd actually call it a very Christian novel though. However it is definitely written from a very Roman Catholic point of view, not protestant. It's a good read regardless of where you go Sunday morning though. :-) (I'm not Catholic.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read a lot of blogs, but I haven't read a book in a long time. I'd like to do that too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. A few years ago I realized my book reading had declined, so I now make a point of closing the computer and reading books - every day, even a little bit. I just won a copy of The Awakening of Miss Prim from Golden Hours blog and I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...