Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, September 16, 2019

Do You Nurture Your Soul?




That's a question that may mean different things to different people.  For me, it means that I take time to do things that fill me, so that I have something to give to others.

I try to take time each day, to read and to pray.  I try to make our home a cozy nest to come home to at the end of the day.  A gentle place to land as evening comes, not just for my family, but for myself as well.

I read, knit, listen to music or a podcast.  I email or text with friends.  I Marco Polo with my daughter who lives out of state. I engage with my kids and my husband.  I love to go to tea.  I find these things promote joy in my life.

I diffused this blend this weekend and it was really nice.

These 10 favorite fall diffuser blends will get you ready for falling leaves and cooler weather! Try out any of these essential oil blends for fall to fill your home with the smell of autumn. #TheSimpleLifeSimplified #diffuserblends #diffuserrecipes #diffuser #essentialoils #YoungLiving
                                                     source

There are so many delightful oil combinations to use.  

I hope that you all take time to nurture your own souls, and even if you live alone, I hope that you use timers on lights, have music playing, or a favorite podcast, etc, to welcome yourself home.  A warm meal in the crockpot, an essential oil diffuser appeal to our senses and create welcome both for ourselves and our families.  

You are worth the time and care, so do those things for yourself that you would do for your family/others.  It makes a huge difference in the quality of our lives.

I'd love to know what you think about this subject.  Let's chat in the comments!


               

7 comments:

  1. "I Marco Polo with my daughter who lives out of state."

    What does this mean? :) I'm imagining the swimming pool game! Ha ha



    ReplyDelete
  2. I stay so busy, I need to take more time to just relax and enjoy! Thanks for the encouragement! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna, I have heard of Marco Polo but have no idea what it is. I guess a game, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not doing enough of it, I can tell you that. Energy is low.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a matter of balance, isn't it? The idea of pouring ourselves out for His service, but accepting His gifts of joy and pleasure. I find joy in a house that is orderly, clean(ish), and that smells good. I also find joy in morning coffee, iced coffee in the afternoon, and evening coffee with my family. I love a leisurely drive, meandering through old neighborhoods and back roads. I find joy in conversations with family and friends. And I love to plan a party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Came back this morning to see if my comment made any sense. I sloshed some water on my laptop last night (!!) and my keyboard was wonky. I had to cut and paste words and letters to finish my comment!! Thankfully, all seems to be fine this morning.

      Delete
  6. The short answer is lately, no...I really need to do this. I find that there are just not enough hours in the day lately and when something needs to get cut, it's my time.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...