Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Hope Through The Scary Seasons Of Life

                                     What has been is what will be,

                and what has been done is what will be done,

                   and there is nothing new under the sun.

                                   Ecclesiastes 1:9

Solomon, who was very wise, spoke these words many years ago but they are still true today.

The days we live in have become very scary to us. Our eyes have been opened to the evil being done everywhere. For many years I believe that many of us have been blinded to reality. I know that is true for me. While being discerning and aware in many ways, there were many ways that I was not aware. 

The verse from Ecclesiastes is encouraging to me. Funny, isn't it, but it's true. There is nothing that has not be done before that is being done now. Yet it grieves me, too. So much pain in the world.


I try to see the beauty in the world, to find common ground with people, and encourage them to seek God. 



I have hope because the scriptures remind me of where hope is to be found.


Psalm 71:5 says, "For You are my hope;
O Lord God, You are my confidence from my youth."

Jeremiah 21:11 says, "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."

Romans 15:11 says, "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Job 11:18 says, "Then you would trust, because there is hope;
And you would look around and rest securely."

Let's not become weary. Keep praying. God knows. What a blessing to be his hands and feet to others, whether it is family or a stranger! God uses us to be light and to be hope givers.


My garden and my plants remind me that there is a season for everything. Growth, pruning, rest. God is with us through it all.

He will never leave us, nor forsake us. Hold tight to him friends.

Thank you all for praying for my SIL's mom. She did not end up having the endoscopy because her blood count was back to normal and so was her blood pressure! The doctor believes the internal bleeding was from the ibuprofen. We are thankful for this answer to our prayers.

Is there anything I can pray for you? If you comment but don't want it posted, just say so at the beginning of the comment, and I won't post it but I will pray!

Look for joy today, and you'll find it.











                                   

4 comments:

  1. Deanna, this is a wonderful post. It's filled with truth and hope. I'm so grateful to God that I have a Bible I can read every day and find peace during this very troubling time.Thank you for sharing these scriptures. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing those Scriptures. They hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a pleasure to visit you, Deanna. You have such a hopeful and genuine home on the internet. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely post and nicely written.💖

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...