Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, September 6, 2021

Weekend

 We had a busy weekend.

On Friday Mom, Rachel and I went to get to haircuts from our friend who owns her own salon.


I did my weekly grocery shopping, then we had a small family night. We played Skyjo and I won! Rare happening so that was fun!

On Saturday, Kyle, Tim and I worked to get moved fully into our new bedroom. (Today we will work to clear out the master suite. I'm finding we own too much stuff.) After dinner we streamed a show Sarah had been wanting to watch. It was sci-fi and reminded us of Dr. Who.

In moving out of the master, some furniture is having to find a new place in our home. 


My secretary now lives in our living room. I really like it in this room, and it may stay here forever, but probably not this spot.

Yesterday, after church, we watched all of our local grand girlies. It was Nate and Kay's anniversary, and they celebrated by taking in a movie. Then in the evening Tim and I watched the first episode of Vera season 11!


Today we will work to clear the master, then in the afternoon we are going to our friends home for swimming and dinner. Later this week, Tim going to paint and put in baseboard trim in the master. Next Saturday, we are moving my parents in!


We have a lot of work a head of us, but I am looking to the finish. For now it will be good and restful to get them moved into our house.

I hope you had a good weekend, too!


3 comments:

  1. We were so happy to see Vera return in Season 11. We watched the first episode. They say another episode will air this year and the remaining 4 not until 2022. I do believe we have that same secretary. It belonged to Dear's parents. Happy Labor Day to you...looks like you are laboring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not watched Vera but I will be soon!
    Y'all stay so busy! And you always have a plan and it always comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are very busy with changing things around. And yet you're finding time to relax and socialize. Good for you! xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...