Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Happy Autumn!

 


Autumn has come and I'm glad! With it has come rain from Ida (we are supposed to get four inches or more between today and tomorrow. Cooler temps have also arrived for this week, and though they may not last, we will rejoice in them after the sticky, hot summer.

I had a homeschool co-op meeting last night. Our group has grown and we have 18 new families. I am in charge of hostessing the parents room (mostly moms with an occasional dad). I coordinate snack and drink, and dispense encouragement. I'm the grandma of the group really. I have been homeschooling forever. 

Last night, myself and another gal, Britt, organized the snack time for the meeting. She brought cookies, grapes and tablecloths, and I brought the holiday tea and lots of tea cups! I didn't even take a photo. The ladies loved it!

Here is my recipe for Holiday Tea -

Holiday Tea

5 tea bags of regular black tea

2 cups boiling water

2 cups sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon

6 ounce can of orange juice concentrate

6 ounce can of lemonade concentrate

Pour 2 cups boiling water over the 5 tea bags and let it steep for about 15 minutes. Then add the sugar and stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients. This makes a concentrate. To serve add 3 Tablespoons of concentrate to 1 cup of hot water. To serve many use 1 cup of concentrate to 5 cups of hot water!



This is a wonderful tea based drink that many people think tastes like a hot cider type drink. It's good anytime of the year but the autumn and winter is particularly good.

We had tea left over so I have a few jars of it in my fridge. I just may be sipping on it today!

I hope you are ready for the delights of autumn. I know that even though we may see hot temps again this month, the cool weather is on its way!

7 comments:

  1. I am so ready for the delights of Fall! Happy September to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We homeschooled all the way thru and never looked back, smiles. I am pro homeschool/pro parenting, grin. Unfort. our CO OP wasn't that good, to many chatty boxes (that is what my husband said). ANYWAYS, It is currently 66*, very cloudy and not humid here in the Southern Tier of NY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that tea recipe! I shall be making that this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cooler and less humidity will be a welcome change here, it's on the way "SO THEY SAY". My daughter makes that tea at Christmastime:) It is delicious. My Step-daughter has home-schooled for a long time and they also have gatherings like this. So helpful, especially those new to the scene! Love the blooms agains the picket fence! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are ok with the wild weather PA had yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that tea sounds lovely!! Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still miss homeschooling! I love that you are still involved in your local coop, offering encouragement to those who have not been on the path as long as you have. Will you continue to serve in this capacity after Kyle graduates? I continue to lead my homeschool girls' book club and I love it!

    Your holiday tea sounds yummy! I may try that sometime this fall . . .

    Happy autumn to you! It actually felt Septembery here today. Such a welcome change!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...