Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Garden Talk

 As you know, some of my plants will have to be relocated when we build. We are looking at a June starting date, so my peonies will have bloomed and be done by then. The peonies will have to move after that though before construction. Same for my roses in the front cottage garden, though they may not have to move until we do the work on the front steps.

So it may surprise you that I bought some bare root plants at Aldi last week.

It does seem a bit crazy but at $2.00 and change it was a deal I couldn't pass up.

I'm going to pot the Dahlia, and the Peacock Orchids. I've never grown either of these plants before, so it will be interesting.




I bought seven of these Sarah Bernhardt peonies.

 I already have one of these peonies and I love it.





You can see why I can't resist them. I plan to plant them in pots for this year, and then in the autumn plant them out into the garden. I have a vision for a border of peonies and roses and other delights.

I am not sure however exactly where that will be located yet. But it will be stunning. Can't you just picture it?




3 comments:

  1. Somehow I find myself seeing my paternal grandparents' circular drive lined with pink peonies. It was splendid if only briefly. I know that you will love planning your garden under your new circumstances. Planning is such a big part of the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I'm not a great gardener, but I do love the pictures on the packages. I would be framing them for sure...especially that red Dahlia!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE peonys! SO beautiful and lush a flower.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...