Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, March 13, 2023

Weekend

 


On Fridays I have a chauffeur. Our van has luxury appointments and he enjoys driving it. This summer Sarah will be working at a camp in Canada for nearly the whole summer and Kyle will have her car to drive when needed. He's looking forward to that!

We had a quiet, stay at home weekend. I puttered, Tim worked on business things, we ate, we chatted, I cooked dinner. Tim and Kyle rotated our mattress, and changed the sheets. It felt nice getting into bed. 

Sunday was church, lunch with the family after, and then a quiet afternoon. It was needed. I had a nap, too, due to Daylight Savings. It was lovely to note that it was still light out at nearly 7:00 pm last evening.

Tim and I watched our own movies, side by side in the living room. He made popcorn and we shared a bowl. He went to bed, I read for a bit then went to bed, too.

This morning all the girls have been here while Nate was at a PT appointment. The littles and Nate are headed home now, and we'll start school soon. 


Just the stuff of everyday life.


Continue to pray for our nation, I know you do. So many things happening. My mom said to me this weekend that it was hard to realize that we've been lied to about so many things. 

Yes, indeed.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about everyday life with friends....that's what it's all about....I think I have decided to just keep the memories alive of what life was like when I grew up....it's better for body, mind and spirit....have a great week Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a new mattress pad last weekend. It was nothing special, I grabbed it at Target, but it totally made getting into bed so much nicer that evening. It really is the little things!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...