Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, March 20, 2009

Franklin Springs Family Films

I discovered this film company last year and was intrigued by the films they had for sale.  Then they had a booth at our homeschool convention last year.  By the fall we discovered that we had a new channel on our dish and it was Angel2 and on Saturday nights they show the Franklin Springs Family Films.

The first film we watched was The Art of Candle making and featured the West Ladies.  I was so excited because I had just read about these ladies on the "Eyes of Wonder" blog.  They were friends with Jewels and her whole family!

We really enjoyed watching them teach us how to make candles.  My good friend Becky is a wonderful candle maker and my girls and I thought it would be fun to try out making the beeswax "glow pots."  They were very simple and are so delightfully beautiful when they have a candle burning in them!  We gave every family in our church one for Christmas this year.  I also received several of their dvds as gifts this past year.      

In an email from the other day, they mentioned that they are having a contest.  I am going to have the girls make a video for our candle making and one for the soap too!  I certainly would love to own more of these wonderful family films!

We have seen all of the "Homestead Blessings" films, "Pull Up A Chair: The Story and The Songs with Nathan Clark George," "An American Adventure: The Living Legacy of Jimmy Gentry,"  "Inherit The Land: Adventures On The Agrarian Journey," "A Journey Home," "Charlie Zahm: An Evening of Classic Melodies," "The Peasall Sisters" (these are the girls who did the singing for the daughter characters in "O, Brother! Where Art Thou?"  They won a Grammy for it!), "The Eden Strings Quartet: A Bountiful Blessing."

I have really enjoyed all of them!  They are very good, clean, family friendly films.  Go check it out!

1 comment:

  1. We don't have cable or satellite tv. I wonder if Angel2 is online...?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...