Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

He Is Now Bionic!

And much handsomer than Lee Majors ever was!  

His surgery took a total of 1 hour.  Can you believe it?  To do a total hip replacement!  So awesome!  The doctor said everything went great!  

I got to talk to Tim about an hour ago....he sounded a tad hoarse but otherwise just fine.

As soon as they have a room available, they will move him and I will get to see him.

This morning he told me that the words to Garth Brooks song "If Tomorrow Never Comes" was rolling around in his head.  He was asking if all the things he has said to me over the years would be enough for me to know how he loves me...just in case.

It made me teary.  My answer was yes.  He used to leave me notes more often but he always manages to find me incredible cards and writes in those.  I know that I am valued and loved by him. 

I try to keep a mindset of keeping a "short account", not letting things fester and build.  I want to have no regrets with my relationships with my husband and our kids.

The girls and my folks fly home today....hurray!  It has only been a week but it feels longer!!!  I miss them.  Oh, and Lindsay has bought me See's Candy "California Brittle" my favorite!  I hope they don't get stuck on the tarmac or anything or I might not get any See's Candy. sob....

Thanks for praying!  We have felt it all day!  I will update again tonight!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that things went well with Tim's surgery. What a blessing to know that you are cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord!

    There will be NO Keeping up with that man now. He will win ultimate frisbee every time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful statement of love Tim had. Priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...