Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Will Try To Put Into Words....


Just how great our time with Tracy and her family was...Tracy and I don't remember how long we have been blogging friends but probably about 3 years or more...I think I found her blog from another blogging friend jAne, and the rest is history.  You know sometimes you just connect with people...we had a lot in common - homeschooling, loving our husbands, family and home, we are both believers...all the important things that cause ties to bind.
 
 We I asked if we could possibly meet since we would once again be visiting her beautiful state, she did more than say yes.  She invited our whole family, my parents and our friend Mike (he is our pastor, as well as our friend) to come for dinner!  


We had a wonderful meal, homemade spaghetti and meatballs (sorry Mac!), homemade bread, salad...two kinds of homemade pies for dessert - apple and cherry.
We talked and talked.

She is a precious woman; loving, kind, warm and hospitable.  She makes the Proverbs 31 gal seem lazy!  She gave us all some of her homemade jams and jellies!
 

 I am so thankful to my Tim, for this trip.  It is already one we will remember forever!
 Tracy's children Autumn, Collin and Abigail (Mac heard we were coming a raced back to college!) are great!  Mature, fun, welcoming...they served my kids by ensuring they had a great time.  We are so impressed with them!  Thanks guys for making the kids time a wonderful one.  Kyle was especially entertained by Daisy their dog, but it was Collin he cried about after we left.  "I want to play with Colling some more!" boo hoo...

My Mom and Dad had a wonderful time...she and Tracy are now Facebook friends!
 

One goal that Tracy and I had was that we really wanted our older girls to meet!  We are so happy they did and are hoping Autumn will motivate Lindsay and Emily to post on their blogs more often!
 
Kern family, I don't think I have the words...I am still treasuring it all in my heart.  As we both said Tracy, "This is what heaven will be like."  Such sweet fellowship!  Thank you, dear friends. 

4 comments:

  1. You know that I am so very excited for all of you. I would have loved to sneak in a car and come along....

    Glad to hear you liked each other in person but I am not surprised. The loving and caring spirit comes through well from Tracy's writing.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderfully sweet time of fellowship! I'm mourning that we live so far away. Right after you walked out the door, Autumn said, "She's the perfect friend for you, Mom!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Fellowship with other believers is always a special time. I'm so glad you were able to meet in person.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...