Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Sweet Friend...

 This is my dear friend Brigette.  She is expecting her 5th child any day...in fact if she doesn't go into labor before, she will be induced on Tuesday.  She is having a 3rd daughter...


 I have known Brigette for about a year and a half.  She is always an encouragement to me!  Not just when she verbally encourages me, but just in how she mothers her precious children.


 They are an active bunch of kids, ages 6, 4 1/2, 2 1/2, and 16 months.  She always is helping them, encouraging them, guiding them.  She gives up time to visit and talk in order to help her kids to have fun.  That has been a real lesson to me.


 Sometimes she doesn't get the respect she deserves from others, either family, friends or stranger, because she has decided to trust God in the area of having children.


 So today, on the eve of the birth of her new daughter, I want to say that I love you Brigette and I respect you.  Both as a wife and a mother.  Your children will one day rise up and bless you.  But until they day that they do, let me stand in their place.


"Many Daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all."  Proverbs 31:29

All photos taken today at our home...

10 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful post! How I understand what Brigette is going through. My family and friend did NOT understand when we didn't stop having children. It is hard to have someone say, "This IS going to be you last, right?!" I always wondered what they thought of the kids I already had. And by the way, why did they care anyway? I wasn't asking for anything from them. OK, off my soapbox now. Brigette is on our prayer list. I hope you'll let us know when she has that precious baby girl. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just how your friend feels- I've been there over and over again. It's very sad that we, as a country, and especially as Christians, don't value life and see it as a beautiful gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you! God richly blesses us when we place all control in His hands. I was never able to birth children, but I have through my heart by adoption. The blessing is just as rich! Thank you for honoring this sweet sister in the Lord. You are a true Titus 2 lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post brings tears to my eyes. I too love Brigette and am so happy to get the opportunity to know her.

    What a lovely way to express what we know to be true about this dear friend.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures of the fire made me remember...we have a photo of Jared, Caleb, and your kids sitting around a campfire. They look so young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. may God continue to bless this lovely young woman and her husband, as He wills. what a precious gift!

    we know families with 8+ children, two families with 12 each. a blessing to be sure.

    jAne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! That made me tear up. How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my what a lovely post. My eyes filled with tears as I read this. Our Lord tells us that children are indeed a blessing. I am afraid we live in a time when many call blessings cursings and cursings blessing.

    Lovely post, thank you so much for sharing. Happy week to you.

    Smiles♥

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tribute. More women like Brigitte need to be recognized for the grace, faithfulness, and strength!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember meeting Brigette when we visited. I was so very impressed by their family-and should have told them so, I guess.

    They have beautiful, well-behaved children. She and her dh impressed me because it was obvious that they are consistent and loving with their kids-it shows in their delightful children.

    Praying all goes well with the delivery of their latest blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...