Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Recovering

 The illness seems to have run it's course.  Tim, Rachel, Sarah and I escaped it by the Grace of God...


Emily was scheduled for work today and went in.  She is tired, but she will be ok.  I told her that if she felt weak or wiped out to let her manager know and she could come home early.  They knew she was sick yesterday.  The girls both work with the public and handle money, so we reminded them to use hand cleaner frequently!


I am the hand cleaner queen in public places but at home I use natural cleaning supplies, such as vinegar, rubbing alcohol, non toxic cleaners.  I don't use anti bacterials as a source of a lot of sickness is that people no longer pick up immunities from being around germs.  They don't play in the dirt, or garden.  It is the reason that you often get sick when you travel - you are around "new" germs.  You have an immunity built up toward the ones at home.

Oh, and yesterday Rachel complained of not feeling good - it wasn't her tummy, but I was thinking that it was just sort of a pre-tummy issue.  However, around 10:00 pm she tells me, "I feel like I have to pee, but I can't!  It's terrible."  sigh....I am thinking she has a UTI - she had one once before.  I called the on call doc at our family practice and she called in a prescription right away.  These things can get bad quickly if you let them go.  She took her first dose when Tim got home from work.  Slept all night...woke up feeling so much better! 


Lindsay has therapy this afternoon.  Kayleigh got a job at JoAnne Fabric 10 minutes from home!  This is an answer to prayer for her!  She starts tomorrow.  Today she goes to Harrisburg for orientation for her college courses.  She is excited!


I am making Chicken soup for lunch.  It is the perfect food for sensitive tummies, plus it is just yummy.


Well, I should go.  Things to do, people to care for.


I don't say it often but I really appreciate your coming by everyday for a blog visit.  It is such a fun and wonderful community of friends!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy day at the Rabe home!
    I'm so glad everyone is on the mend, and very thankful for Kay's new job. JoAnn Fabrics? Good thing I don't work there- too tempting! I think the bonus of working there, though, should be the clientele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for you. So glad to here things are on the mend. I so believe in prayer that it is the "Key that unlocks every door!" :) Our Father delights in conversations with His children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew, i'm glad a couple of you escaped the plague! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that the sickness was short lived. Hope that it is totally GONE.

    Good you caught Rachel's infection early......poor girl.

    Hurray for Kay's new job! She is on a good path, I think. At least she has a wonderful loving environment, a cool job and lots of work ahead of her in school. Sounds like good challenges to me.

    I am getting a visitor dog....for weeks, months or years tonight. I think I just might be crazy!

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear all are on the mend. What a relief that some of you were spared-it sure helps when the caregivers don't join the sickies.

    Great news that Kay got a job so close to home, too.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...