Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, August 15, 2016

Peach Season


Just behind my love of autumn is my love of peach season.  In our area peach season starts with Red Haven peaches in the last week of July, and ends with Laurol in mid-September.

These are called Flaming Fury.







I could live on peaches during these months, but I don't anymore because they are higher in natural sugars.  I do enjoy them, and eat them in smoothies, with cottage cheese or simply sliced up.

I buy mine from a local orchard, which is one of the many things I love about living here.  Such great local, fresh food!

Are you a fan of peaches?  How do you like to use them?


Joining Sandi at No Place Like Home

6 comments:

  1. Lovely looking peaches, Deanna. My hubby enjoys eating them and I like cooking with them. I am wanting to try a new recipe but I'm still recuping from all my company. Maybe by the end of the week I will get around to it. Have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo's. My dog loves peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like to eat them as they are, but truly they are good in almost anything: peach pie, peach cobbler, peach muffins with a streusel topping...

    On Friday, I am invited to a friend's house for peach scones with a vanilla bean glaze. She told me to save my calories. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're enjoying fresh Red Havens from a friends trees these days. "I've never tasted better," I told her. And it's true. We eat them fresh and with their peels on 'em! Sliced, they finish off a meal perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a dessert last night at a friend's house --peach slices stir fried in coconut oil and balsamic glaze alongside tiny balls of coconut ice cream. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love eating fresh peaches. I love eating fresh plums even more! My sister has a plum tree in California and I had a bunch of them while there this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...