Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, September 21, 2020

Our Extended Weekend

 Our trip to spend a few days visiting our daughter and her family was great.  The kids are fun, they loved playing with Uncle Kyle, which meant a lot of wrestling.


The kids adore their baby brother


and as even came on they loved gathering around grandpa and watching videos of machines doing work.  


Emma is such a great mom.  The kids love to snuggle up with her in the mornings.


While we were there she made Sarah a few oil rollers - one for skin and one for peace and relaxation.  



One day we went and got special donuts, and then we went to an awesome antique mall.  We found a sweet ring for Sarah, and some little toys for the kids.  I could have taken this chandelier home!  


Sarah and Kyle were feeling the soon to be separation.  They are my twins separated by three years.

We took Sarah to school on Saturday and got to know her roommate and her roommate's parents at the welcome banquet.  Afterward we took Sarah and her roommate for coffee, and some chatting.  They are going to get along very well.  We'd been praying about that.


Classes are underway this morning, and I've had a text asking me to mail her two cardigans that she has forgotten.  I'm happy to do that.

The house feels normal right now because she'd be at work if she were home, but when evening comes and her room is empty, we'll feel it.

We think there is no finer foundation for life than to study God's word.  She has the privilege to do this for two years.  She feels strongly that this is an amazing time to be alive.

Continuing to pray for peace for our nation, and for wisdom.  I have always prayed, since learning that one of my spiritual gifts is discernment, that God would make me like the 'sons of Issachar' who could discern the times in which they lived. (1 Chronicles 12:32)  Wisdom and discernment is surely needed in these unprecedented days.  


6 comments:

  1. A wonderful weekend-a little bittersweet when you leave one of your babies at college! Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful weekend. Loved seeing every single photo. Family love and cozy moments made for some good memories. I pray for my children and grandchildren to be mighty in spirit. God has placed each of us exactly where we need to be for just 'such a time as this.' Saying a prayer for Sarah....God has such perfect plans for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they DO look like twins!!!! ~smile~

    Lovely family photos.

    Wishing her a wonderful year.

    🍂🍁💛🍁🍂

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful extended weekend, Deanna!

    It's so wonderful that Sarah has this opportunity. I know you will all miss her, but what a great preparation for life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet to see the children...special photo of them with their mama. I most especially love the one of Kyle and Sarah. I'm praying for all of you who are staying home. 🙂 May God send extra blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of those snuggling pictures . . . Emma with the children, Tim with the children, Sarah and Kyle!! I know you made lots of wonderful memories on your trip. Sniffling along with you as you three learn to live without Sarah in your home.

    I pray for those in authority (as commanded in Scripture) and I pray for wisdom. But I also pray "Come quickly, Lord Jesus!" Jesus told us, "Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near!”

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...