Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, January 10, 2022

Weekend

 


We had a quiet weekend.

The roads were clear on Friday, so Kyle and I ran out for groceries. My Dad came along as he had a podiatrist appointment. I timed everything around the appointment, we even had time to get the car washed! 

It was cold this weekend, so on Saturday Tim worked down in the basement. He has built shelves for my parents many boxes, and the goal is for the boxes to be gone through and labelled. This will make finding things they want much easier! Tim and Kyle also repaired a tire on Tim's vehicle that had gone flat.

He also made our first fire in the woodstove. I wish we had the woodstove in the living room or a fireplace! I love a good crackling fire!


I cleaned my kitchen, and vacuumed, and tidied. Mom made dinner Saturday night! That was nice for me! She made spaghetti and meatballs! Yum.  I prepped a breakfast casserole for Sunday morning, and put frozen chicken tenderloins in the crockpot to cook overnight.

Sunday morning our church was cancelled, so we watched an Alistair Begg message. He is a really good preacher. He has a daily radio program, too. You can find his ministry link if you click on his name. I highly recommend it!

During the day, Kamryn was here, and she and Kyle played some games and went outside in the cold. I made chicken potpie with those tenderloins that had cooked overnight.

We read, talked, snacked, and in the evening Tim and I watched an old movie, "Life With Father." There is a colorized version on Prime.

This morning the house is still quiet, though I can hear my dad's chair in his room, so I know he is up. Tim's at an inspection, and will pop back in before an afternoon inspection. Kyle will be up soon, and we'll do school. Biology, history, literature, math, a career pathways type book. We've already finished a book on logical thinking. We are nearly half way through our school year.

How was your weekend?



I caught the blue hour the other evening!


7 comments:

  1. Your lamps reminded me of the scripture, "lamp unto my feet and light unto my pathway" Gods word makes one feel Peace. Thank you for your blog as I do enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...chicken pot pie. That sounds so good on a cold and snowy day. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice pic of the blue hour. Those meatballs a. spaghetti sounded great! Hope that there were leftovers. Here I always thought your fire was in the living room. Where have I been?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your weekend! I still have all the Greek and Latin books from when I homeschooled......I think I will pull them out and go through the course again by myself. Amber says Greek and Latin truly made a difference in her education. Perhaps I can teach the quads a little. At one time I could recite the Lord's Prayer in Latin. I just love learning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Alistair! I gave each of our kids and us his new devotional at Christmas. Not only is it a devotional but he adds a reading through the Bible prompt at the bottom of each day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lamps are lovely.
    Life With Father is a great movie!
    Blessings to you and may you have a wonderful week,
    d

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...