Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, January 3, 2022

Weekend


 It was a weekend full of celebration and ended with a sad thing.

Friday, being New Year's Eve, we didn't have a family night. Tim Kyle, and I played a game of Clue (I won!) then Tim picked up a take out order for our dinner. Kyle played an online game with his friend Daniel, Sarah went to a party with Wes and Rachel to friends from church. Tim and I puttered around, and then chatted for a while. My Dad came out at about 11:40 to talk a bit and then we heard our neighbor's fireworks start, and I exclaimed "Happy New Year!" We went to our kitchen doorway to watch the fireworks! When they were done, Tim honked the car horn in appreciation!

The next day we all slept in, Tim and my dad went to get pork and sauerkraut meals from my dad's fire company. Pork and Sauerkraut are traditional foods eaten on New Year's Day here in Lancaster County for "good luck." Kyle, Mom, and I got Chick Fil A! 

Sunday was church and our anniversary! 34 years. We didn't take any photos but I'll try to get a nice photo of us soon. I think that we are happier now than we've ever been. Real love born out of going through hard things together, a continuous choosing each other, and forgiveness. Here is a photo from a few years ago.


We went to lunch at Longhorn with Sarah, Kyle, Wes and Rachel after church then we came home. Tim and I both took naps in the living room. The grand girls went to their other grandparents house after church for their Christmas gift exchange so it was quiet here. Mom and Dad went to their small group from church. 

I woke this morning to news that a man from our church died. He was in his 50's. His family had the virus, and he needed to be hospitalized. He ended up on a ventilator this week, and died early this morning. My heart is broken for all the families who have lost dear, loved ones! I'm angry about it, too, because they have been suppressing treatments that work, and keep people out of the hospital and from dying. We rest in knowing that God knows all our days, yet we grieve for those lost, for their families who must go on without their loved one. 

I think that the narrative regarding the virus is breaking down, and I hope so. 

Let's remember to pray for everyone.

Lamentations 3:22 - 23 says - Through the LORD’S mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not, They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 


4 comments:

  1. You did a lot of enjoyable things, and congratulations on your 34th anniversary. You are right, excellent Covid treatments are being suppressed, how sad your friend died, and so young too. I hope omicron is a mild variant and that the epidemic will soon fizzle out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very nice picture of you and Tim. You never change so it doesn't matter that it is from a few years ago. ☺️

    So sorry to learn of this loss. I am angry as well over these losses when the proper treatments are not used and the wrong
    ones are. It is a crime. The narrative must break down and family members must learn to speak up loudly. This is not a time to play
    nice. A loved one's life may depend upon it. We have learned that much in the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO sorry about the man at Church:( I know someone who has his wife hospitalized with COVID and not doing good at all! Happy Anniversary to you and your HUBBY. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! You and Tim are such a great example of marriage!
    I'm sorry about your fellow church member...I love the verse 'Our times are in God's hand' no matter what....

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...