Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, January 31, 2022

Weekend

 


The weekend started quietly with hanging out with Wes and Rachel for a few hours. Some weeks are tiring and it's nice to relax on a Friday evening. They've gone south for a week to visit family, both his and hers.

I spent part of Saturday working on moving some decor around in the living room. Remember my plate wall? 


Well, a few months back, the old computer monitor died, so we decided to use our tv as a monitor. We really only use it to stream movies, so it was easy to move it to the desk and use it for both! 

The problem was that the tv is larger than the monitor was and some of the plates were now behind the tv. I've lived with it that way for a few months, because Tim kept thinking we'd get a new monitor. But Kyle and I recently told him the tv works really well as a monitor and since it's in a good location for watching movies too, let's just leave it. (It also helps that Kyle has his own gaming laptop!)

So the plate wall needed to change, and rather than just rearrange the plates, I proposed, moving the plates to the other wall. The wall I planned to move them to, had the big art picture of the white geraniums. 


If I moved it to this wall, then the art print needed to move somewhere else, and I just happened to think it would look good on the shelf over the stairwell! 

And it does!



This is a huge shelf and awkward to get photos of! But I really love the art print there with my plants!

So then I decided to take the silver framed mirror and hang it on the wall over the chairs, and put some plates, but not all, around that.

Tim got busy finding the stud and hanging the mirror. 


I put some plates up, and them I was trying to decide what to put on top of the cabinet where this mirror had been. You can see the spot in the mirror.

As Tim and I talked, I mentioned my antique gold mirror, but I had thought he had said it was too heavy to hang in the space where we hung the silver framed mirror. He said, "It wouldn't be too heavy hung here on the stud," and so presto chango, the mirror I really wanted on this wall got hung!



Then I shifted the sign that Rachel bought me for my birthday several years ago to the top of the cabinet.



Then Tim hung the silver framed mirror in the hallway where this sign had been.

I then moved the Williamsburg watercolor prints to the former plate wall. I thought  the black frames would look good and balance out the tv.



I was right. They really look good above the monitor.

We then spent Sunday afternoon celebrating a sweet one year old!

Her cake is actually cupcakes! It was perfect and this wee girl loved it!

Happy Birthday, Baby girl!

We had fun just both sets of grandparents, the great grands, an uncle, and auntie, and her Momma, Daddy, and sisters.

Lots of fun.

I hope you had an excellent weekend! 





















6 comments:

  1. You've done some lovely adjustments in your decorating, Deanna. And what a cute way to decorate the cupcakes. That chocolate one peeking out looks tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this post. Happy Birthday Kennedy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a lot of moving around!!!!!!!!! :-) And you had fun too.

    What a precious baby! She will not be spoiled-much!!!!! :-))))))

    Gentle hugs
    🌲⛄🏠🔥🏠⛄🌲

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing the progression of your wall! It's perfect! And what a Happy Birthday for your sweet Kennedy!!
    PS....love the reflection in your mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was tracking with you the whole way! I love hearing the thought process that leads to changes. When you began, did you have any idea of all the changes you'd end up making?

    Happy birthday to your little cupcake (who seems like she was just born)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A classic case of one thing leads to another! Happy Birthday to Kennedy🎈How she grew up so fast amazes me. It always does. Hope the kids have a fun time in the south and that it is warmer for them.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...