Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Home Keeping: A Small Change Can Make A Big Difference

 


For three or four years I have had these gold velvet curtains in my living room. I love them, but I've been wanting to bring more red into my living room as I felt every thing had gotten pretty neutral. 

I've been looking off and on for red velvet curtains that wouldn't break the bank, and last week someone linked their curtains and I followed the link to Amazon and velvet curtains. Amazon has been having sales, early Prime day prices and the curtains were an excellent price for two panels! I needed four panels, so I hesitated but then hit the purchase button. They came a few days later.







They look beautiful with my lamps and bring a gorgeous red into the room! 

One reason I was able to buy them is that I have money from the weddings that I have done. It's not part of our budgeted funds. I paid $71.14 for two packages. Each package has two panels. I will link them {here}, but the price has gone up a bit, though there is a coupon you can use.

Now you may be wondering what I did with my beloved gold velvet curtains. I've had dark burgundy curtains in my room for many years and used them in my smaller bedroom that Tim and I live in right now.


I switched them out for the gold velvet!


This window only needs two panels so the other two are going to go across the closet opening. I'll keep the burgundy curtains because you never know where an opportunity to use them will pop up!


So what do you think of my small change? It has made a big impact and the living room feels warm and cozy, ready for the cold weather that is coming. As for me, I'm loving it.

5 comments:

  1. Well you know that I LOVE the change. They are beautiful, a real pop of color and so cozy for the fall and winter! I'm off to peek at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!!!!

    Loving red, I think this is amazing.

    Look at how it brings out the lovely lamps!!!!!!!!

    🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh they are beautiful and velvet is so perfect for fall and winter. You have some lovely touches of red and these bring that out in a very complementary way. I like the gold velvet in your bedroom as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the new red drapes Deanna...it gives a richness to your living space especially with the tiffany lamps....they also give a warm feel.....wonderful update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the contrast of the red velvet against the yellow walls! Great choice for the cold seasons!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...